- From an “all-fours” positions, bend the elbows and come onto the forearms. Shoulders are directly above the elbows, and the forearms and hands point straight ahead.
- Inhale and broaden the collarbones and chest.
- Exhale, firm the abdominals, and step the legs back into a plank position.
- Hold for 5 breaths, working up to 10.
- Lower the knees to the mat to exit the pose.
Lengthen the neck, and keep it in line with the rest of the spine. Press the forearms and hands firmly into the mat for support as you also press the crown of the head forward and the soles of the feet back. The base knuckle of the thumb and index finger remain in contact with the mat; try not to roll your forearms outward. As you fatigue, ensure that your chest remains broad.