No matter your skin type, proper hydration is absolutely essential to maintain and magnify the health of the skin. Just as the body needs hydration for optimal function, the skin needs hydration to be healthy and appear young and vital.
We all admire the glowing, naturally hydrated skin bestowed on the young. As we age, our skin’s ability to attract moisture lessens, leaving the skin fundamentally dehydrated. Without help, that natural glowing complexion inevitably turns into a dull, lifeless complexion. On top of aging, environmental factors such as change of weather, air conditioners, and wind have damaging and dehydrating effects on the skin. But have no fear—this Moisturizing Avocado Mask does wonders to rehydrate and refresh your skin!
Moisturizing Avocado Mask
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 teaspoon olive oil or almond oil
- Mash avocado in a bowl. Mix in olive oil followed by yogurt, and stir until a paste forms
- Apply to cleansed face and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Extra Hydrating Avocado and Honey Mask. Mix 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon lemons juice with the mashed avocado. Apply to cleansed face and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Soothing Avocado and Banana Mask. Mash 1/2 of an avocado with 1/2 of a banana. Mix in one egg yolk. Apply to cleansed face and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Exfoliating Avocado Mask. Swap the olive oil for 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply to cleansed face and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
If you have hesitation about applying this mask with a makeup brush or do not have a makeup brush, a clean basting brush works just as well.
The high content of omega-3 fatty acids in avocados helps hydrate to the skin, and the vitamin B aids in cell restoration for healthier, glowing skin.
Before you start creating your personalized mask, collect all the required ingredients and set aside time to enjoy the experience. You might want to run a bath and choose a book or relaxing music for the occasion. Once your mask is prepared, the next steps are easy—cleanse your face, apply your mask, sit back and enjoy!