It’s important to listen to your skin: to pay attention to what it needs, how it feels, and how it looks. A daily skin routine that works for your skin type is a smart first step. Once you’ve mastered your routine, you can take your skin to the next level of radiance with a homemade facemask.
Each day you lose millions and millions of dead cells; some flake off your skin, but others get “glued together” and hold on to your skin to give you a dull, unhealthy look. To achieve that glowing, healthy appearance you desire, remove the dead cells with this mask and give the new cells and your skin a chance to shine!
All-Natural Exfoliating Oatmeal Mask
2 tablespoons aloe vera
2 tablespoons micro-diced cucumbers
1 tablespoon oatmeal
- Mix together aloe vera and cucumber. Add oatmeal and stir into a thick paste.
- Massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes onto cleansed face.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Exfoliating Oatmeal and Yogurt Mask. Yogurt is great to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. Swap aloe vera for two tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt to make this mask a powerhouse of goodness for the skin.
- Exfoliating Oatmeal and Honey Mask. Honey removes bacteria from your skin. Swap the micro-diced cucumbers with two tablespoons of honey. If possible, try to use raw honey.
- Exfoliating Oatmeal and Salt Mask. Salt acts as an exfoliator while also adding essential minerals to your skin. Add one tablespoon of sea salt to the aloe vera and micro-diced cucumber mix.
Use this mask once a week to give your skin that extra healthy glowing appearance. It is particularly effective during the winter months when your skin tends to be drier than normal.
Aloe vera is a cactus plant that grows in dry climates such as areas of Africa and India. When a leaf of the plant is cracked open, a clear gel is secreted. This gel has been used medicinally for centuries. Studies confirm the effectiveness of this gel in treating various skin ailments including, but not limited to, burns, cuts, skin infections, and dry skin. It is used in this mask as a soothing agent (it is used similarly to treat burns). The balance between the exfoliating oatmeal and the soothing aloe vera make it the perfectly balanced mask.
Before you start creating your personalized mask, collect all the required ingredients and set aside time to enjoy the experience. You might want to run a bath and choose a book or relaxing music for the occasion. Once your mask is prepared, the next steps are easy—cleanse your face, apply your mask, sit back and enjoy!